Quinoa Porridge with Sprinkles of Nuts, Goji Berries & Prunes topped with Soy milk
- 1 dl Quinoa Oats.
- 2 dl Water.
- 2 tbs. mixed crushed seeds ex, flaxseed, linseed, sunflower, pumpkin etc.
- Dash of Soy milk
- 1 tbs. of Manuka Honey
Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is not a grain; it is actually a seed and related to the spinach family. When cooked, quinoa is light, fluffy, slightly crunchy and subtly flavored. It actually cooks and tastes like a grain, making it an excellent replacement for grains that are difficult to digest or feed candida (a systemic fungal infection).
But its flavor is only part of why quinoa is such an amazing “SUPERGRAIN.”
Some of the nutrients in quinoa include:
- Complete protein. Quinoa contains all 9 essential amino acids that are required by the body as building blocks for muscles.
- Magnesium helps relax your muscles and blood vessels and effects blood pressure. Quinoa contains high levels of this vital nutrient.
- Fiber. Quinoa is a wonderful way to ensure that you consume valuable fiber that eases elimination and tones your colon.
- Manganese and copper. Quinoa is a good source of these minerals that act as antioxidants in your body to get rid of dangerous cancer and disease-causing substances. Read more here.
This type of honey is well known for its high antibiotic properties and mineral content. There are two types of Manuka Honey, the usual Manuka honey, and the Active Manuka Honey. The Active Manuka Honey is seasonal and has higher antibacterial activity compared to the usual one. The benefits of Manuka Honey is largely due to the Unique Manuka Factor (UMF), a stable antibacterial property contained in it. The UMF grade can be +5, +10, +15, +20 and +25. The higher the grade, the better the quality.
Manuka Honey is effective to treat many diseases caused by bacteria or fungal infection. It is being used to fight a type of bacteria that is resistant to antibiotics, and MRSA that infects surgical wounds. I choose to use strengths between +10 and +15.
Read more here.
Read more here.
- Prunes contains a lot of fibers and sorbitol a stool loosening sugar.
- Prunes helps to slow aging process of the brain and body
- Helps in cases of anemia.
- Prunes are excellent for increasing one’s vitality.
- It helps in normal blood circulation.
- It is a good remedy for sore throat.
- It can help prevent cancer because of its high beta carotene content.