I am on a bit of a health kick at the moment and am trying to get back into shape and also eat as healthy as I possible can. The first thing I do before anything else is have a glass of lemon water, this is because lemon has an alkalizing effect on our bodies. Through some recent blood tests, my results showed that my bodies Ph value is very acidic which can cause many health problems. To read more about the benefits of lemons and their history this is a great website.
Apart from being an amazing body alkalizer/alkaliser, lemon water also gives the following health benefits.
- Lemons are antiseptic
- Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems
- Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys
- Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium
- Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma
- Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C
- Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser
So the easiest and quickest way to getting a little bit healthier is a s simple as squeezing a lemon into a glass of water!